Monday, January 19, 2009

Motivation vs Preparation........






Hi..

Today Monday which is a working day and I suppose to be in the factory doing my practical training but now where am I??- I’m at home. It’s true! This is the side effect of the yesterday 20km race, I thought I didn’t push myself so much and that I won’t hurt myself. But I was wrong. Consistently jogged for two hours make my both knees hurt now. My muscle feel stress after 30min I crossed the finish line and it wasn’t bad at all, it was just a minor stress and for that reason I feel proud that I didn’t cramp in the race or after the race. Thank you to syah as he spray something on my “peha” as to avoid cramp. I feel good, but yes for sure tired after the race. However, in the afternoon, I started to feel that my knees so hurt. I walked slowly as I can’t put more pressure to both my knees and it hurts a lot when going down or going up. Haha! But I still feel proud of myself. It means that I have did what I think I can’t do it before! And as the word stated – “NO PAIN NO GAIN”… So, I know that I’ve achieved something! I have made an improvement! I have done my promise to run half-marathon! A promise not to someone, but a promise to myself, to me, to AIZUDDIN!

I’m so motivated in the last week to the race day, I trained myself harder (even though runners should have more rest in the last week of the countdown). But to make sure I’m able to run, I must train myself! Yes, I did the 9km training around my home area in the night just after arrived home from work, the time for 9km was 47min 22sec (Wednesday). Then the next day I rested myself and the day after I just jogged for 2km (Friday). This is what I’m thinking about right now, I actually well motivated to run on that day but eventually my body is not yet prepared to enter the long distance race, to absorb all the impact, to sustain the impact that I put to the legs and the knees. My legs, might be able to run slowly continuously but the knees don’t and due to the motivation I kept in my mind during running, my brain told the body that I still can go, I still can run forward, I still can arrive there and arrive there proudly! I have read in the runners’ world magazine that we actually didn’t give our 100% of what our body can. When we almost achieved 100%, the brain will tell us to stop. This is the reaction between the brain and the body. By this article, I strengthened my motivation. Even though now my knees have hurt but I know that I did a good job and good choice not to push myself to the limits! Just imagine what would happen if forced myself to run faster. Haha I would hurt my whole body.

So, this is the story about motivation vs preparation. In this race, my motivation is stronger than what my body as I’m lack of preparation. For the June race (Standard Chartered International), I’ll make sure I’m well prepared before I join the race. Here I come!!

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING…




2 comments:

KR said...

oit..ponteng keje eh??hehehe..
xpe2...ko xcoling down ni..tu sb sakit..huhuhu..aku pun same..

tahniah bro..
impossible is nothing..

Anonymous said...

Hd read about GI distress (which U hd experience in the runs lately) - how to overcome it and also what you hv to do when you got side stitch.... seems that U hv to make quite a no. of preparations b4 U run...
sumthg new to me...
:)
Hey.. I did it on my own 'pace'...haha...
SHa