Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sabah Food Product Development...

hello..

Last 13th - 15th february 2009 I was in Sabah for the food product development competition.
It was really a hectic time for my group and I, as we have to sleep late at night and come back the next morning to have the confirm formulation. We had given two weeks for the preparation, and as what students do the best, 1st week was like a honey moon week, haha! Then the 2nd week was hell! Not much time to rest and due to this task, I have skipped my training, poor me~
On friday, we all leaved the Seroja bus station at 7.00 am to the LCCT. Flight was on time, no delay. Then as we arrived to Kota Kinabalu Airport, we went straight to the apartment to check in. We used the only free time we have to walk around the city and hang out for about two hours if I'm not mistaken. We got back to the apartment at 5pm and nothing much to do, the guys think to do something fun, we dive into the swimming pool. haha!
Ok, nothing much about it, then the night's stress started at 11pm.. As our lecturers want to see us perform as in the real competition day at 9.30 pm, but we were not 100% ready. Then, the lecturers give some advice how to handle questions, how to explain, how to attract the judges to you, and the flow of explanation. At 11pm, Yazid's group started their rehearsal, and my group was after them (around 12.15 pm). We finished rehearse at around 2 am but we didn't stop at that time, there were still some mistakes to be corrected. So that we follow to fix some problems, Yazid and I went to bed at 4am! wahaha.. This is the night of competition where we should have enough rest.. hihi.. But this was all because of us, xnak siapkan kerja awal2..

We went to the Universiti Malaysia Sabah on saturday morning at 7 am sharp! Then the exhibition started at around 9 am, but the judging time started at 2 pm. Actually by 2 pm, we already get tired. There were five judges and three round of judging. Alhamdulillah, all went well except for the first two judges that came to us. They look not interested and we didn't even have the opportunity to present our work to them. They came, ask few questions, and blah.. hmm... After this two judges left, I looked at our banner (product's banner) and thinking of how hard I worked for this things to come here and did I just deserve 4 minutes to talk?? did I work until late night, wake up early, run to the market to buy stuff for this project, get stressed, and all other problems that come through, and i just have 4 minutes to talk. By the way, it wasn't even present, it was just answering their questions....... So, I tell myself, no matter how, I will present for the coming judges. As what people say, when you confident, Insyallah everything going to be just fine.... And yes, our group able to present as what we have planned. :)

For the hard work that we did for this project, we won the 1st runner-up. The only award for UiTM in this 6th Food Science & Technology Competition.













1 comment:

princess_virgogirlz87 said...

eventhough banyak bad thing yg happen kt u all, alhamdulillah, u all got the 2nd place..